- Sight: We watched Clemson D.E.S.T.R.O.Y. Louisville this past weekend. Like… it wasn’t even close. It was 33-7 going into the 4th quarter when Clemson bailed on the starters. I had no idea our team had this in them this year. It may be time to start saving for another playoff run? I’ve never been to New Orleans or Pasadena!
- Sound: Was on a big Paramore kick this week at work on the iPod. Riot! came at both a good and sad time in my life back in 2007 [which it just hit me… was 10 years ago?!?]. So my mind’s been there lately…
And when it rains…
Will you always find an escape?
Just running away…
From all of the ones who love you.
- Taste: Friday lunch was Green’s Lunch since I was running late and didn’t have time to fix lunch. So cheeseburger, hot dog, fries, and a Cheerwine it was! Friday night was Marko’s with the brother. It was really good to just chat with him about life since we don’t do that nearly enough. Saturday was FJ’s 4th birthday party. And what do middle class white people love eating at large gatherings? That’s right. A Chick Fil A tray! Sunday was Mac’s Speed Shop with the mom and step dad since they helped bring some furniture up for a spare bedroom. Lunch Roulette was Pollo Royal since the original spin of the wheel landed on a restaurant that’s closed. Wednesday dinner was McDonalds because I simply didn’t give AF. I feel like I’ve actually done fairly well this week, compared to most others.
- Feel: Desperate and exhausted. Lucy isn’t the same dog anymore. My cuddly puppy who liked to do her morning stretches across my chest is gone. Something happened Sunday that caused her to snap and she’s been constantly attacking Harper. Like… hackles raised, snarling teeth, and biting. It’s been at least a couple of times a day, every day. You can cut the tension with a knife in my house this week. And it’s incredibly tiring. The worst part is that I can’t narrow down what it is. Fortunately, last night was a pretty good night [knock on wood] and I only had to pull them apart once. I’ve got an in-home consultation with a trainer on Sunday afternoon. I’ve got another consultation on the phone with another trainer on Monday. And another in-home consultation with another trainer scheduled for 10/3 because God forbid you need to expedite some training. They’re all insane amounts of money. But I’m also tired of Harper feeling like she can’t move around the house and Lucy randomly flying off the handle. I just want my sweet, playful puppy back 😦
Heading to Clemson for the game this weekend. Then back to get in a 6 mile run (this is getting daunting…) on Sunday. And finally, I’m hoping I get some good news with a trainer in the afternoon. Enjoy your weekend, Internet people.
Whoops! Thank my 3 mile run and the first Thursday night football game on the blog delay. We’ll be back at our originally scheduled time next week. Maybe.
- Sight: I watched SO MUCH college football! I watched a little bit of Chattanooga vs Jacksonville St and then the first half of Stanford vs Rice (in Australia!) on Saturday evening. Last night, I watched Tulsa give up three quick Oklahoma State touchdowns before flipping over to see Ohio State sleepwalk through the first half against Indiana before finally pulling away. I’m about to settle into the Washington, FAU, and Wisconsin games tonight. My happy time of the year is finally back!
- Sound: I feel like I’ve been playing a lot of the same artists lately.
I’m trying to be honest cause I can’t relax
Oh, when I get around you I can’t hide the facts
I let you take advantage cause it felt so good
I blame myself for thinking we both understood
- Taste: Another week spent entirely too much in restaurants. Saturday was Leroy Fox for helping BBMak (remember this gem?) move into her new house. I’m never NOT getting the Chicken Fried Chicken with green bean casserole and mac & cheese. So good! Sunday was Earl’s Grocery for a lunch date with a Duke grad. Both the turkey sandwich and the date were pretty mediocre. Much too smart & hoity toity for me. Monday was Rhino Market & Deli for a coworker’s birthday, where I crushed their chicken torta. Tuesday was Mr. G’s for Lunch Roulette where I went two hot dogs and fries. Wednesday was trip two to help BBMak finish up her move. Perks of being the only friend who owns a truck. And dinner was Eddie’s Place for some country fried breakfast. Thursday was Rhino Market again (and chicken torta again) to meet an old coworker for lunch. Friday was Vida for another coworker’s birthday and shredded beef & queso enchiladas.
- Feel: I’m neutral. I think I had equal amounts of good and bad things happen to me this week, leaving me right in the middle, idling until next week. Lil Bit of Grits played a card I thought was pretty hypocritical. San Diego is preoccupied (!!!) for the foreseeable future. Football came back. I ran FOUR whole miles on Sunday! I had a neighbor invite me to their house for Clemson games.
I’m heading to Clemson this weekend for my first game since the National Championship (still have no idea how that really happened and I really watched it in person). Then I’m enjoying my long weekend! You should too! Happy September!
- Go Tigers (of the Clemson variety)!
- Go Wolfpack (because I loathe South Carolina)!
- Go Golden Bears (purely out of immature spite)!
- Sight: I took Monday off to visit the family back home. My step dad’s sister and brother in law were in town from Iowa and I really just wanted to go visit them. Honestly didn’t care one bit about the solar eclipse. But we loaded up some Bojangles and boarded the boat to spend the afternoon on Lake Murray scoping out the moon photo-bombing the sun in the infamous Path of Totality. It wound up being a lot cooler than I thought it would be though, so I’m glad I got to experience it. Shirtless.
- Sound: My “Sound” section conveys my feelings better than my “Feel” section. This song hit home – hard – for me this week.
Think I’m tired of getting over it
and just starting something new again
I’m getting sick of the beginnings
and always coming to your defenses
- Taste: Saturday, I crushed a watermelon mint lemonade from Chick Fil A. I hate lemonade but this stuff is one of the best drinks I’ve ever had in my life. Sunday was El Marko’s! Literally my favorite Mexican restaurant ever. Monday was the aforementioned Bojangles. Tuesday was Pinky’s, where I got a White Trash burger and chips. Wednesday night was Paco’s Taco for a work dinner where I ate my weight in chips and salsa. Man. I really do eat out too much.
- Feel: I’m tired. Maybe not emotionally exhausted like last week but tired nonetheless. I started officially training for my half marathon in November. I ran 3 miles (without stopping! What?!?) on Tuesday and then again on Thursday (WHAT?!?). That’s the first… and second… time I’ve run 3 miles straight in a long, long time. Like years. I’m tired of chasing and trying to impress an amazing (admittedly, I’m biased) girl who doesn’t care. I’m already tired of thinking about how busy the weekends are about to get with football starting a week from tomorrow. I’m tired of Lucy being stubborn (I still love having her! Calm down!). And that concludes my #whining section. Like I said… if you want to know how I really feel, listen to the song lyrics.
This week, I’m just going to leave you with this gem. Enjoy and/or beware!