Whoops! Thank my 3 mile run and the first Thursday night football game on the blog delay. We’ll be back at our originally scheduled time next week. Maybe.
- Sight: I watched SO MUCH college football! I watched a little bit of Chattanooga vs Jacksonville St and then the first half of Stanford vs Rice (in Australia!) on Saturday evening. Last night, I watched Tulsa give up three quick Oklahoma State touchdowns before flipping over to see Ohio State sleepwalk through the first half against Indiana before finally pulling away. I’m about to settle into the Washington, FAU, and Wisconsin games tonight. My happy time of the year is finally back!
- Sound: I feel like I’ve been playing a lot of the same artists lately.
I’m trying to be honest cause I can’t relax
Oh, when I get around you I can’t hide the facts
I let you take advantage cause it felt so good
I blame myself for thinking we both understood
- Taste: Another week spent entirely too much in restaurants. Saturday was Leroy Fox for helping BBMak (remember this gem?) move into her new house. I’m never NOT getting the Chicken Fried Chicken with green bean casserole and mac & cheese. So good! Sunday was Earl’s Grocery for a lunch date with a Duke grad. Both the turkey sandwich and the date were pretty mediocre. Much too smart & hoity toity for me. Monday was Rhino Market & Deli for a coworker’s birthday, where I crushed their chicken torta. Tuesday was Mr. G’s for Lunch Roulette where I went two hot dogs and fries. Wednesday was trip two to help BBMak finish up her move. Perks of being the only friend who owns a truck. And dinner was Eddie’s Place for some country fried breakfast. Thursday was Rhino Market again (and chicken torta again) to meet an old coworker for lunch. Friday was Vida for another coworker’s birthday and shredded beef & queso enchiladas.
- Feel: I’m neutral. I think I had equal amounts of good and bad things happen to me this week, leaving me right in the middle, idling until next week. Lil Bit of Grits played a card I thought was pretty hypocritical. San Diego is preoccupied (!!!) for the foreseeable future. Football came back. I ran FOUR whole miles on Sunday! I had a neighbor invite me to their house for Clemson games.
I’m heading to Clemson this weekend for my first game since the National Championship (still have no idea how that really happened and I really watched it in person). Then I’m enjoying my long weekend! You should too! Happy September!
- Go Tigers (of the Clemson variety)!
- Go Wolfpack (because I loathe South Carolina)!
- Go Golden Bears (purely out of immature spite)!
- Sight: I took Monday off to visit the family back home. My step dad’s sister and brother in law were in town from Iowa and I really just wanted to go visit them. Honestly didn’t care one bit about the solar eclipse. But we loaded up some Bojangles and boarded the boat to spend the afternoon on Lake Murray scoping out the moon photo-bombing the sun in the infamous Path of Totality. It wound up being a lot cooler than I thought it would be though, so I’m glad I got to experience it. Shirtless.
- Sound: My “Sound” section conveys my feelings better than my “Feel” section. This song hit home – hard – for me this week.
Think I’m tired of getting over it
and just starting something new again
I’m getting sick of the beginnings
and always coming to your defenses
- Taste: Saturday, I crushed a watermelon mint lemonade from Chick Fil A. I hate lemonade but this stuff is one of the best drinks I’ve ever had in my life. Sunday was El Marko’s! Literally my favorite Mexican restaurant ever. Monday was the aforementioned Bojangles. Tuesday was Pinky’s, where I got a White Trash burger and chips. Wednesday night was Paco’s Taco for a work dinner where I ate my weight in chips and salsa. Man. I really do eat out too much.
- Feel: I’m tired. Maybe not emotionally exhausted like last week but tired nonetheless. I started officially training for my half marathon in November. I ran 3 miles (without stopping! What?!?) on Tuesday and then again on Thursday (WHAT?!?). That’s the first… and second… time I’ve run 3 miles straight in a long, long time. Like years. I’m tired of chasing and trying to impress an amazing (admittedly, I’m biased) girl who doesn’t care. I’m already tired of thinking about how busy the weekends are about to get with football starting a week from tomorrow. I’m tired of Lucy being stubborn (I still love having her! Calm down!). And that concludes my #whining section. Like I said… if you want to know how I really feel, listen to the song lyrics.
This week, I’m just going to leave you with this gem. Enjoy and/or beware!
If you hold on for one more day, things’ll go your way. And it’ll be Saturday.
- Sight: Lucy learned “down.” Kind of. Assuming saying “Lucy, down. Down. Down. Down. Down. Down. Down. Down. Down. Down. Down. Lay down. Lay down. Down. Down!” while also trying to tell Harper that she’s a good girl for perfectly laying down for 45 straight seconds of commands means she has learned it. But eventually, she lays her stubborn butt down. That brings her number of tricks up to “sit”, “down”, and “stay.” We’re slowly getting there.
- Sound: I bought Paramore’s new album, After Laughter, the week it was released. But I’m just now getting around to listening to it for some reason. And I love it! It’s a very calm, relaxing album. Definitely one that will stay on repeat on the work iPod. It’s also very 80s-tinged, like seemingly everything else lately. But that ain’t a bad thing. Huge fan of Forgiveness, so give it a listen!
- Taste: Rant time! I have a Bojangles $8.99 coupon for an 8 piece chicken box with 4 biscuits. I went to pick one up Saturday, so that I could stretch it into a couple nights’ worth of dinner. But when I get up to order, I was told “We don’t have anything but wings and thighs right now. Sorry.” Uh. What? How does a chicken fast food chain not have… chicken? No one’s ordering 8 thighs. Get the F out of here. So I stubbornly went to Cookout instead. Watermelon milkshakes are my jam! Side note… Lunch Roulette this week was Pollo Royal. It’s a super sketchy place with delicious fried chicken.
- Feel: I was all prepared to write about how conflicted I’ve been lately. With dating. With coworkers. With finances. With my house. With Lucy. But Thursday evening changed that. Something I had planned worked out really well. And I took Harper to Park Road Park (…nope, not confusing at all) because it finally wasn’t a million degrees and to walk around the lake where there was a saxophonist jamming out. So it was a good day. We’ll save the #emo stuff for another week.
And with that, we say goodbye to July!
And we back!
- Sight: Guess who started watching Game of Thrones? This guy! I’m only seven episodes in, so I still have a ways to go but I’m enjoying it so far. I’ve never been a big high fantasy fan but somehow, I’m loving the most high fantasy, high profile TV show (Game of Thrones) and video game (The Witcher 3) right now. Arya is my favorite. She’s a little badass.
- Sound: So any concert I go to, I try to make a playlist of the setlist the show so I’ve got a good feel for what’s coming up. Last November, I saw Yellowcard on their final tour (RIP) and I’ve been FEELING that playlist lately. Believe. Lights and Sounds. Rest in Peace. Light Up The Sky. Sing for Me. October Nights. Hang You Up. Nearly every song from that setlist is just hitting the right spot right now. This one still gives me goosebumps
- Taste: Lunch Roulette this week was a classic, Mr. K’s. So cheeseburger and chili cheese fries it was! I also whipped up a batch of oatmeal raisin cookies last weekend. I’ve never been a huge oatmeal raisin fan but adorable white girls and coworkers enjoy them. And sometimes, you just gotta give the people what they want.
- Feel: Currently, I’m miserable. Before taking Harper to the park, the vision got spotty in my left eye. So I popped some quick Excederin, downed a large McDonald’s sweet tea, and buckled down for the oncoming migraine. Fortunately, I caught it quick enough so I didn’t completely die when walking Harper. But they’re still not very fun and I’m feeling the after effects now. By the time you read this though, I should be all good!
I’m still not sold on the format of this bad boy yet. It feels a bit cheesy. But I’ll stick with it for awhile and see what works and what doesn’t. Any suggestions or things you’d like to see?
Have a happy Friday!