I’m mentally exhausted. Show yourself out if you don’t mind 🙂
What a quarter it’s been…
I got a second dog. I started a new weekly blog format. I signed up for a half marathon. Football started. The second dog has gone crazy and is going to a 17-day obedience program on Tuesday.
Yet it feels like I was just sitting here, typing up last quarter’s entry. So how’d things go?
- 15 Books:
- 3Q projection – 11.25
- 3Q actual – 10
- It’s been a slow quarter, reading-wise. I read my momma’s Edisto Stranger and reread the first two books in Stephen King’s The Dark Tower series, The Gunslinger and The Drawing of the Three. My momma’s book was good and interesting to watch her navigate the previous book’s twist. The Gunslinger was weird to read again after years and years. It’s not a very good book as a stand-alone story but sets up the rest of the books well. I can’t imagine what it would have been like to read it before the rest were out. It’ll be tricky to get through five books this quarter. I took a break from King and I’m about 100 pages into The Marsh King’s Daughter by Karen Dionne. I stole it from my momma’s pile of books and she liked it but I can’t quite figure out if I do yet.
- 365 Miles:
- 3Q projection – 273.75
- 3Q actual – 144.80
- Whoa. I still may not get this one wrapped up since I’m still a good ways back from my projection. But I have killed this. I more than doubled my total miles at the half year mark. I guess signing up for a half marathon will do that for your motivation. I put in exactly 80 miles this quarter. I still have 107.2 miles in my training schedule, a 5K at Thanksgiving, and a 5K for the ACC Championship game. I need to average 2.45 miles a day from here until the end of the year to get to 365. So let’s see what I’ve got…
- 4 House Projects:
- 3Q projection – 3
- 3Q actual – 4-ish
- All posters are officially hung. I’ve decorated the stairway with my cross-country, Africa, Alaska, and Hawaii pictures. I picked out an entertainment center, successfully put it together, and moved my old TV stand upstairs. And finally, with my grandparents moving into an assisted living facility, I rescued the two twin beds my brother and I used to sleep in for one of my spare bedrooms when the nephews come visit. So let’s lump all of those into one house project. Also, if Lucy comes back obedient, calm, and controlled, I’m absolutely counting that as a project to improve my house given the fact that she just chewed the inside of a door on Friday night.
- 83% LTV:
- 3Q projection – 83.5%
- 3Q actual – 82.0%
- First, the good news. I’ve officially gone past my goal. If I stay on this pace, I should be down to 80.5% after my December payment, which gets me close to finally getting rid of my mortgage insurance. I should also have my bedroom and living room furniture paid off by December, which will be a nice chunk of change to get back every month. But the bad news is that this quarter has been an uphill climb to being a financial nightmare of a fourth quarter. I’ve added the bill for the entertainment center (12 month, 0% financing is a blessing, kids!). I will have a HUGE bill for Lucy’s training starting Tuesday (that’s fortunately spread over six months). I have my IPTAY dues in November (#firstworldproblems). And that doesn’t even count the bookshelf I want, the million fall birthdays in our family, and the income-suck that is Christmas. Sod for the backyard? Paint and supplies to paint my walls? A huge Charlotte skyline print for my living room? All pipe dreams at this point. I’ll have money again one day…
- 1 Website:
- 3Q projection – Who even knows at this point…
- 3Q actual – … nope
- Let’s put this one out if its misery. But with our football pool growing again this year, it needs to make its way online at some point. Both of my domains (jerdanfantasysports.com and tigerarchives.net) get renewed on 12/11 this year. So the dream is still alive.
- 12,000 Gamerscore:
- 3Q projection – 9,000
- 3Q actual – 2,460
- With the dog issues, I haven’t had time to just sit down and focus on a game with both of them out in the house. The structured running and football schedule get in the way too. But I have added 420 from Destiny 2. When Lucy’s gone, I’ll have to work with Harper every day, but it’ll also give me some time to finally sit down and play. But at this point, 3,000 is a realistic goal. Maybe. It’s ironic that the older you get, the more disposable income you seem to have access to, but the less time you have to actually enjoy it.
All in all, I’m pretty proud of this quarter. I met my house projects goal. I cleared my financial goal. I made an unscheduled HUGE dent into my running deficit. Now I just need to get through a couple more books and I’ll be good to go.
Hope your goals are still within reach for the year! This time next go ’round, we’ll be planning for a new year’s batch of goals!