Hey strangers! It’s been awhile.
Even if I am a couple of weeks late, I still wanted to get my 1st quarter update in. This is as much to keep me accountable as it is to selfishly update you on how I’m doing this year. Better late than never, right? So let’s check in on our new homeowner!
- 15 Books:
- 1Q projection – 3.75
- 1Q actual – 3
- Just a tiny bit behind schedule. I started the year with The Chemist by Stephanie Meyer, the author of the Twilight series. The story was surprisingly good. I followed that up with The Passenger by Lisa Lutz. It’s a book I picked up on a whim at Barnes and Noble that I wound up really pleased with. And my last of the quarter was A Dog’s Purpose by Bruce Cameron. All worthy of 4 stars on my Goodreads page. Right now, I’m reading through The Fireman by Joe Hill. The good news is that since the weather’s nice, my lunch break shifts outside to a park bench with my book every day.
- 365 Miles:
- 1Q projection – 91.25
- 1Q actual – 30.05
- So… about that goal… After spending the holidays at home, my disease dumpster of a 1 year old nephew gave me a virus cocktail of sickness. So throughout almost all of January and February, I didn’t put any mileage in. Fortunately, I was able to run in March to be ready-ish enough for my 10th consecutive Bridge Run on April 1. I didn’t have a great time (1:15:50) but I did much better than I thought I’d do with little training. I’ve also signed up for a 5K this coming Saturday to help keep my motivation and feet moving in the right direction.
- 4 House Projects:
- 1Q projection – 1
- 1Q actual – 1
- So far, so good! A week ago, I had my backyard fenced in. I ordered 200 periwinkle plants to cover the slope of my backyard a while back too, so next quarter looks to be on track too, as long as I get them planted before July. Painting the house may be on the back burner until my 12 month walk through. I’m still debating on sodding the backyard vs. seeding it some more. And my next project is going to be hanging pictures. My bank account needs a break.
- 83% LTV:
- 1Q projection – 84.5%
- 1Q actual – 84.6%
- To be perfectly honest, I’m not sure why I set this goal at 83%. I closed on the house January 23rd and put my 15% down. So this is officially my first post as a homeowner. I didn’t have a February payment but I’ve put a little extra into my monthly payment for March and April. I’m still a little behind but I’m not worried about this getting out of reach yet. Once I get some of my appliances or furniture paid off, I’ll have some extra money to put towards my payment then as well. For now, I’ll just keep plugging away.
- 1 Website:
- 1Q projection – Something, anything…
- 1Q actual – Nothing
- The early indication is that this is the goal to slowly get away from me. The bad news is that by moving into the house, I’m almost never on my computer anymore. The good news is that in the move, I found a couple of binders (of notes… not of women, Mitt Romney) from online classes I took several years ago on websites and databases. By the next entry, I’m going to try and have a log in screen that at least works for my brother and I.
- 12,000 Gamerscore:
- 1Q projection – 3000
- 1Q actual – 1235
- I’m not on pace after the first quarter but my game playing has gone through the roof since moving into the new house. I beat Gears of War 4. I beat Watch Dogs 2. I’ve beat about half of Halo Wars 2. I’ve picked up almost 200 points from Ryse: Son of Rome. I snagged a few achievements from Destiny I was missing. Going forward, I picked up the Witcher 3 from Microsoft’s Spring Sale. I want to finish Halo Wars 2 and Ryse. I want to pick up Mass Effect: Andromeda when it goes on sale. Destiny 2 comes out this September. I’ve got plenty of time.
Not a great start to the 1st quarter of 2017 but it’s not terrible either. With the exception of the website, I’ve at least put forth some effort into every goal. Nothing’s completely out of reach yet, which I haven’t always been able to say in my previous 1st quarter entries. So I’m optimistic heading into the spring and summer.
How are your goals shaping up?