- I wrapping up the third week of my new job! I got a big boy job working in downtown Charlotte for Ally Bank. It’s a little overwhelming right now because it’s been a long time since I’ve been the new kid on the block, learning the day-to-day ropes. But so far, everything else has been an incredible step up. The hours are better. The stress level is better. The benefits are better. The pay is better. I miss the people in the old gig but hopefully we’ll keep in touch.
- The last What I Learned entry boasted of a girl. That I like. A lot. Unfortunately, it all came to a crashing halt this week. It sucks. Bad. Because I’m still crazy about her. And I’m hurt. And lost. And completely vulnerable. Which I hate. Yesterday was miserable. Now, I’m just second guessing… and triple guessing… and quadruple guessing what I should be doing. Do I keep trying? Do I go cold turkey and give up? Do I give it some space and reach out in a week or two? I don’t know much except I know that this feeling is excruciating.
- Not completely unrelated to the last bullet point, I’ve been having serious thoughts about looking into counseling or a therapist in the area. The only problem is that I’m absolutely clueless on where to begin. I’m a bit across the board as to what I think I’m looking for… personal growth? reflection on my past relationships? communication goals? life coaching? And from there, how do you find a “good” one to go to? It doesn’t help that I just started a new job, so my insurance isn’t exactly squared away yet either. I’m just not sure how this works, so if you have experience, advice would be much appreciated.
- Again… not completely unrelated to the last two bullet points… I’ve been reading through The 5 Love Languages for Singles by Gary Chapman during my lunch break. I’m pretty certain that my love language is Quality Time. But I speak well to others in Gifts and Acts of Service. Which leaves me lacking in Physical Touch and downright abysmal in Words of Affirmation. I’ll let you connect the dots. I just wish change came easier to me.
- On a semi-unrelated note, I’m now in the market for extra-curricular activities to keep me moving in the right directions. I’m seriously considering getting back into volunteering at the animal shelter. I love dogs and ideally, the extra walking should help shed the pounds I’m needing to shake for my New Years Resolution. Or maybe spend a couple of weekends with Habitat for Humanity. I’m already in their system from volunteering with work. I’m also kicking around the idea of joining up an intramural/rec league of some kind. First options would be softball or flag football. All new things I’ve never done before, so that leaves me a little lost and leery.
Hope your week has been better than mine. I’m looking forward to the weekend.