- There’s a girl. That I like. A lot. Unfortunately, she has no nickname yet.
- I’ve already been to as many concerts in a month and a half in 2016 as I went to in all of 2015. My last entry walked through my two Marianas Trench shows I went to in January. I got a last minute invite to the Jon Pardi and Brothers Osborne show on January 29th at the Fillmore for a little country in my life. Then on February 13th, I took in Carly Rae Jepsen’s stop at the Fillmore. The CRJ date wound up being a lot more fun than I thought it would be. I was expecting a room full of underage, teenage girls. Instead, it was a a crowd full of girl groups and gay guys. Fabulous, ecstatic gay guys. On April 16th, I get to see Kacey Musgraves at Amos’ Southend for another round of country. It’s been a good year for live music!
- Tom Clancy’s The Division came out this past Tuesday. It’s an open-world, always connected shooter RPG. Very similar to Destiny, only in the real world (New York City) and third-person instead of first-person. Which is trouble, seeing as how I’ve put close to 800 hours into Destiny in a little more than a year and a half. The only con is that I’m playing it on PS4 to join up with a crew from work. I’d much rather be on my Xbox. But we’ll see if I wind up wasting away as much time on a second game. It’s been really good so far!
- The Republican Party sucks. To be honest, I’m far too conservative to ever truly consider the Democratic Party as a viable option. Would I vote that way? Sure. But I couldn’t see myself permanently switching camps. But I’m almost at that point with the Republicans too. I refuse to vote for Bernie Sanders (the government is already too bloated, so no thanks to taking more of my money), Hillary Clinton (how the email server situation isn’t a bigger deal is mind-blowing), or Donald Trump (No. Just no). I’m almost at that point with Cruz too. So 2016 may wind up being the year I learn how to write in a candidate. Where’s a socially moderate, fiscally conservative party when you need one?
- I need to work on scheduling a vacation somewhere. This time last year, I was beginning my Hawaii plan. The only thing on the docket so far is my annual trip to Charleston for the Bridge Run in April, maybe a Saturday in Clemson for the Spring Game the following weekend, and my fall football trips – most notably Boston in early October. I have money in the bank and 128 hours worth of PTO. Where should I go?
It’s been awhile! How have you guys been? Hope you enjoy the weather and your weekend, even if it is an hour shorter!