- My job has me so incredibly beat down. Nearly every business day in January, I’ve either worked from home after hours or been in the office until 7pm. Every. Single. Day. Our office was closed for winter weather last Friday and I was there from 10-3. I took two days off this week (more on that in a bit) and I feel like I’m going to have to work this weekend just to make up for it. Yesterday, my manager mentioned to a group of us that our jobs were “about to get harder” and I just gave up. There’s not much more I can give this place without just completely burning myself out from the grind.
- The Carolina Panthers are going to the Super Bowl! They’ll play the Denver Broncos February 7th in San Francisco. Any other year, I’d be rooting for Peyton Manning to pick up the win and go out on top. That’s always been my guy. But this year, I’m riding the Panthers bandwagon all the way. I can’t imagine what it would be like to live in a city that wins a big time sporting event. It’s also pretty cool to watch the similarities between the Panthers and Clemson’s season, given how many fans the two teams share.
- I did the unthinkable – I bought a PlayStation4. I’ve been an Xbox guy since the beginning and love everything about my Xbox One. And I’ll still play most of the big cross-platform games on my Xbox. But there’s a group of guys from work who play together and peer pressure broke me. I had a gift card from Christmas that helped pick up a portion of the tab, so I’m not completely out of much cash. And this does give me an excuse to play a couple of Sony exclusives I’ve always wanted to try out in The Last of Us and Until Dawn. But damn, does it feel dirty…
- Clemson’s 2016 football schedule was released on Tuesday. I like how everything lines up so far. The season opens in Auburn, AL against our Tigerbros. The Georgia Tech game in Atlanta on a Thursday looks a little worrisome but it’ll make for a nice weekend trip to the College Football Hall of Fame and the Atlanta Zoo. I’m liking the Clemson/Louisville match ups, so this should be a good home game. Boston College on a Friday in Boston will be a little awkward but I have been planning this trip for awhile. Florida State in Tallahassee will be a struggle but at least we have our open week before it. And, as always, we close out the year with South Carolina. It seems like a pretty manageable schedule to try and hit my goal of attending all 12 games as well.
- I got to see my boys Marianas Trench this week with San Diego. Twice! As soon as they announced the second leg of their US Tour was heading south, I made sure to buy tickets and request days off. Tuesday was in Charleston at the Music Farm. The venue was cozy, the merch guy was incredibly friendly, and the crowd was
smallintimate. Wednesday was back in Charlotte at my home base, The Fillmore. The venue was comfortable, the merch guy had deja vu, and the crowd was so much more alive. I really want to elaborate on these two nights because I think they were truly special in combination with one another. So look for a much longer post about this in the near future.
Hope you guys enjoy your weekend. Pour one out for me, as I’ll be slaving away for The Man.