- I have two (step)cousins getting married this Fall. It’s pretty cool how it worked out since they’re best friends and maid (or matron come the 2nd one) of honor in each other’s wedding. One lives in Clemson and one does not live in Clemson. But as it turns out, the one in Clemson is getting married the one weekend this football season where I’m going to an away game in Louisville, KY. And the one not in Clemson is getting married the weekend of one (of two) game I’m not willing to miss in Clemson. The lesson to learn here is to quit holding Fall weddings in the South. You people should know better.
- I just found out Dark Places is coming out today. It’s the second novel by Gillian Flynn, the author of Gone Girl. I had no idea it was even being made into a movie, much less releasing already. The book was weird and mildly disappointing but I’m curious to see how the movie plays out. As an extra added bonus, I also found out The Dark Tower is coming out January 13, 2017. I loved loved loved the series by Stephen King and this will give me enough time to reread the books.
- Let the Republican debates begin. I didn’t watch a second of it yesterday because frankly, it’s ridiculous that the election doesn’t begin for another 7 months at the earliest and that there were 10 (!!!) candidates involved. Not only that but there was a debate earlier in the day featuring the next 7 highest-polling candidates! Nothing anyone says matters when there are that many voices speaking at once. I legitimately care less the older I get. When Donald Trump is far and away the leading candidate, I’m officially disenfranchised. Odds at me actually voting in the general election are hovering around 50% at this point.
- I caught a head cold earlier this week that was bad enough for me to miss work Tuesday. Coincidentally, it also happened to be the opening day of Gamescom 2015 in Cologne, Germany. It’s the European version of E3 which I take off work for in July.
- Rare Replay was released Tuesday. It’s 30 games from three decades from Rare Studios. I’m still on the fence about picking it up.
- Quantum Break debuted gameplay footage, new actors like Shawn Ashmore (of The Following and X-Men fame), and a release date of April 6, 2016
- Crackdown 3 (summer 2016), Scalebound (2016), Killer Instinct (spring 2016), indie games, and DVR functionality were all next and pretty “eh” from my interest level. They’ll be good games/things. Just not for me.
- Halo 5 showed off multiplayer and announced a Halo 5 Xbox One console for $500 that’s gorgeous and I totally want one. Because I’m an adult.
- Tomb Raider keeps looking better and better. I’ll come around to it by November, I’m sure.
- The big reveal was Halo Wars 2! No one saw it coming. And the original was underrated and amazing! It also got a 2016 window, so that’s already turning out to be a crazy gaming year. Can’t wait for this game.
- My mom’s second novel in the Edisto Mystery Series – Edisto Jinx – is coming out October 1st. And there are some shady things happening over at @EdistoToday, @EdistoCallie, and @MyOuttake. Odd things happen in August.
Countdown until football season is at 27 days. We’re officially within four weeks of kickoff.
Enjoy your weekend, folks