Since it’s been awhile, let’s cover some ground for quality time lost amongst blog readers.
- Lunch Roulette this week was BT’s Burger Joint. The food was good. The price was not. Last week was Green’s Lunch where I destroyed two chili dogs. I could probably eat a good chili dog at least once a day for the rest of my life and never get sick of them. I’ve also hit McKoy’s, Tryon House, Luciano’s, Nan & Byron’s, Dish, Bedder Bedder & Moore, Burrito Factory, BBQ King, Caribou Coffee, Hawthorne’s Pizza, Pinky’s, Mattie’s Diner, Burger Company, Locker Room, Bad Daddy’s, Pollo Royal, Spoons BBQ, and Chima Brazilian Steakhouse. Phew. I’m fat.
- I went to see the Avengers: Age of Ultron with my mom and step dad for Mother’s Day. Was it the best movie ever and better than the first? No. Was it a fun, entertaining summer blockbuster with comic book heroes and fights? Yup! Then a couple of weeks ago, I went to see Jurassic World with a coworker and his wife. Was it the best movie ever and better than the first? No. Was it a fun, entertaining summer blockbuster with dinosaurs and fights? Yup!
- A couple of years ago, I let my domain, TigerArchives.com, expire since I wasn’t doing anything with it. Out of curiosity a couple of weeks ago, I went to see if it were available. According to the site, they’ll sell it for $2,995. I definitely don’t care enough about it to buy it for that. So do I email them and try to negotiate it down but showing my hand that someone is interested in it, giving them leverage? Or do I hold out until 12/06/2015 (via whois) to see if they let it expire?
- At this point, I think there are fewer people not running for the Republican presidential nomination for 2016 than declared candidates. Officially, we’ve got Ted Cruz, Rand Paul, Marco Rubio, Ben Carson, Carly Fiorina, Mike Huckabee, Rick Santorum, George Pataki, Lindsey Graham, Rick Perry, Jeb Bush, Donald Trump, and Bobby Jindal as of Wednesday. Chris Christie, John Kasich, and Scott Walker are expected to announce. It’s embarrassing and obvious that the party doesn’t know what it’s doing or have a clear direction. I know nothing about most of them. My heart says go with Rand Paul. My head says someone like Chris Christie wins the nod.
- Let’s end on a fun song you may not know but one I think you should – Shut Up and Dance by Walk The Moon
Last weekend before ‘Merica’in! Hello July!