- Sometimes, there are no good decisions. I’ve transitioned back into my former position at work. On one hand, I needed to get out of the position I had because I was struggling to keep up and my work style and strengths didn’t compliment the work load. On the other hand, my former department can be a train wreck with all of the dysfunction and seemingly reckless abandon. On top of that, I’m not sure my current boss will be around for much longer, so let’s toss in a bit of uncertainty to the mix as well. But when in doubt, go with what you know. And I’m good at what I do in this role.
- Food bullet lightning round! Since my last post I’ve been to:
- Brooks – A cash-only shack with cheap, delicious chili burgers & hot dogs
- Sauceman’s – The “best BBQ in Charlotte” (it’s no Midwood Smokehouse…)
- Phat Burrito – Been there, done that
- Brazwell’s – Okay burger and impossible trivia
- Mr K’s – Hard to go wrong with burgers and shakes
- Rusty’s Deli – A generic deli that was better than expected
- Tres Pesos – A sketchy, disappointing, “eh” Mexican restaurant
- Tryon House – Some of everything usually means good at nothing
- Chicken Box – Terrible website and wait but amazing food
- Ed’s Tavern – Our weekly trivia spot and good buffalo chicken wrap
- Nana’s Soul Food – Delicious fried chicken, decent Oreo cake
- Spoon’s BBQ – When they have free hush puppies, you know it’s good
- Tavern on the Tracks – Good lunch spot in South End Charlotte
- Dish – Amazing meatloaf! Quirky, hipster comfort food restaurant
- Mac’s Speedshop – Spicy fried pickles appetizer is hard to beat
- Local Taco (in Greenville, SC) – Disappointed to find out it’s a chain
- Midwood Smokehouse – Best BBQ in Charlotte in my opinion
- The Locker Room – Grilled not fried buffalo chicken? What? Run down sports bar
- Mattie’s Diner – Diner from New Jersey. Amazing burgers and shakes!
- I’m not a big birthday guy but hypocritically enough, I thought this year’s was a bit of a let down. I was in Clemson the first weekend of November for my step mom’s 60th birthday. So the attention was on her (rightfully so) and the quasi-family reunion. Then birthday lunch with my two work buddies Aja and Kaleigh. Nothing that night. Then my mom and step dad took me out to Midwood Smokehouse the night after. It wasn’t bad. It just didn’t have a birthday feel to it.
- I can’t adequately describe how excited I am to have a regular trivia night group now. There was a group of 6 or so of us in college who religiously played on Thursday nights. We’ve got a steady 6-8 regulars from work who play at Ed’s Tavern each Thursday. We tried Brazwell’s but it was impossible sports trivia. After switching to Ed’s for general trivia, we won our second week there. Thursday nights are amazing again!
- This song may be the best thing to hit radio stations this year. I can’t quite put my finger on what’s so great about it. From the opening drum machine to the choppy lines to the lyrics sensationalizing her own public image, everything just works. Easily her best song yet.
With my Thursday nights now out of commission for weekly blog posts, let’s give Monday’s a fair shake and see what happens.
Enjoy your week!