- My new job was a mistake. I left my last department because of the lack of leadership. A month after I leave, the manager is fired for the state of the department. So I inquire about the position and I’m told I can ask but there’s no chance I get it since I “made a commitment” to the job I’ve got now and that I’d need to be in it for 12 months. Let’s glance over the fact that I’m struggling bad in my new job and falling behind. Or that it would be a promotion, not a lateral move. Or the fact that it’s the area I know the best. Or that the department is still having production issues. Oh well. #Whining
- Since my last What I Learned entry, I’ve made a stop at Mr. K’s, Maverick Rock Taco, and Lupie’s Cafe. At Mr. K’s for lunch roulette, I had a burger, fries, and a chocolate shake. The burger was decent, the fries were eh, and the shake was disappointing. I feel like it’s hard to botch a chocolate shake but somehow, it happened. At Maverick Rock Taco for a work happy hour, I had a carne asada steak burrito, cilantro lime fries, and sweet tea. I’m thumb-downing all of it. The burrito was medicore, the fries were terrible, and several glasses of sweet tea tasted like the bottom of the batch. Lupie’s for lunch roulette saved the day though. I had a burger, chips, and sweet tea. The waitress claimed they have the best tea, which I’m always leery of. But she backed it up. So delicious! I’d definitely go back. The other two? Don’t hold your breath.
- EA Access launched for the Xbox One this week. It’s a service that allows you to play last year’s EA games fr $30 a year. But that’s in addition to the $40-ish I already pay for Xbox Live. So I’m a little curious to see how that plays out with Ubisoft, Activision, and other publishes probably following suit in the near future. Right now, there are only four games (FIFA 14, Madden 25, Battlefield 4, and Peggle 2). But ever since the World Cup, I’ve wanted to give a soccer game a chance. Now I can, along with three other games, for half the price of a new game.
- I went to see Lucy with my mom and step dad a couple of weeks ago. It wound up being a lot weirder than I was expecting but it was pretty good. I’m also a fan of staring at Scarlett Johansson for 90 minutes too.
- I recently started following Isaiah Cooper on Vine. For those of you not in the know, Vine is like Twitter for video. Instead of 140 characters to make your statement, you get six seconds. But what’s cool about Cooper’s videos are that he’s thru-hiking the Appalachian Trail! He started in Georgia and he’s up to Vermont as of yesterday. He’s chronicling hostels, where he starts each day, and the trail itself. It makes me want to give the AT a shot some day. This is my favorite!
Fortunately, I’ve got Friday off and I’m heading to the mountains to go camping with my brother. He’s bringing the kid. I’m bringing the dog. We’re going to the campground my dad used to take my brother and me when we were kids, so I’m super excited to go back! Yay memories, old and new!