- I Died Today by Duke Roberts. The most beautifully, heartbreaking thing I’ve read in a long time. I’ve read it at least five times. I can’t make it past the first picture without tearing up. On one hand, I love what Duke’s owners did. On the other, it absolutely tears me up on the inside because I know I’ll have to go through something similar with Harper. A dog’s bond is one of the best experiences I will ever have in my life.
- I put in four and a half hours at the office this past Saturday. Just in case you were wondering, it’s completely overrated. I left work Tuesday at 1pm for a last-minute, unplanned trip to the vet (she’s okay) and – before including Saturday’s hours – I still worked more than 40 hours last week. Hopefully the storm’s beginning to break up a bit though.
- Midwood Smokehouse was our lunch roulette stop last week. It’s no South Carolina mustard-based sauce but it was some of the best barbeque I’ve ever put in my mouth. It was so good, a group of us went back on Monday. I had the large Carolina Pork plate with bacon-wrapped jalapenos and cole slaw the first time around and went with the same plate and cole slow but swapped out the jalapenos for mac and cheese. All of it was amazing.
- A group of us from work were trying to go to the whitewater center last Sunday but the weather called our hand. They shut the rapids down if there’s thunder and the forecast didn’t look promising. So we picnic’ed it up at a local park with sandwiches, fruit, and cookies and then went bowling. It was a good, laid back afternoon. And I got to meet fellow Clemson alum!
- I went to two stops of the Monumentour with Fall Out Boy and Paramore on Tuesday and Wednesday. They were completely different experiences but amazing in their own right. Some coworkers gave me a hard time for going to see a band for “teenage girls” but you know what? Fall Out Boy’s my favorite band and I completely own it. And Paramore was on the top of my list of favorite bands I’ve never seen live. You can bet there will be follow up entries here.