- My goal for last Saturday’s Jailbreak 5K in Lexington, SC? Run the entire 3.1 miles and try to break 30 minutes. Running up a hill in the last quarter of a mile didn’t do me any favors but I managed to squeak by and cross the finish line in 29:49! Slowly but surely getting better and more consistent!
- My brother wanted to give the sister in law a baby break last weekend. So after my run, my brother, nephew, and I took a day trip to Clemson. It was FJ’s first trip there and may be his last after his mom digests the pictures his uncle and father made him take. See what happens when you leave grown men in charge of babies?
- Watch Dogs came out Tuesday. Of course I swung by Best Buy to pick up a copy for the Xbox One. I’ve only had a chance to play through the first mission but it was excellent. What’s not fun about hacking your way around Chicago with a cell phone? On a side note, this hidden camera promotional video for the game is amazing
- Investing money is hard! I’ve got a Roth IRA I like to play around with. I’m not financially savvy or daring enough to dabble in stocks straight up, so I’ve only got mutual funds at the moment. But I was looking for something new to add to the mix and I got completely overwhelmed this weekend. The minimum buy-in is $2500, so how do you know what to throw money at? I think I’ve narrowed it down to a chemical or transportation one. But really… who knows.
- It seems like there’s a subscription service for everything now. Need someone to pick your clothes out for you? There’s Trunk Club. Hate buying razors at the grocery store? Dollar Shave Club‘s got you covered (with an amazing video, by the way). Does your dog need some new toys? BarkBox. But two have recently caught my eye to possibly give a try – Loot Crate because I’m a gigantic nerd and NatureBox because somewhere deep down inside of me is a hippie trying to get out. I’m still on the fence but I may sign up for a month just to see what comes.
I think the plan for the weekend might be to check out the Reedy Creek Nature Center. Nothing wrong with a day to play in the woods. Other than that, I’m in low key mode for the weekend. Say hello to June for me!