- It bugs me to not complete a video game. For 2013’s resolutions, one of my goals was to 80% five video games. Each full game has 1000 achievement points (arcade games typically have 200). This past weekend, I put in close to 10 hours just trying to get some more points. Just for a point of reference, my total gamerscore is 42,265 (since 2005) at the moment. Yeah. I like video games.
- My momma (Chope) wants me to beta read her first book in her new series. I can’t tell if it’s because I knew the story when I read the final copy or if the story itself just didn’t hook me, but the last book I beta read for her is my least favorite of her Slade series. So I’m a little leery. But her editors are raving about the writing, so I’ll give it another go.
- A group of coworkers and I signed up through work to help out for a Habitat for Humanity house here in Charlotte in June. We chose to do frame work on one house instead of roofing on another. Apparently I’m not the only one who doesn’t like heights. I’m surprised at how much I’m looking forward to it.
- To toot my own horn, I’m amazing at my job (a VP has used the words “mission critical” when describing me). But I’m absolutely terrible at teaching others how to do it as well as I do. I take detailed notes. I type up my own procedures with screenshots. When I don’t know something, I go digging for it to figure it out. But when I handed all of that over to a coworker of mine this week, I was told that they didn’t understand what they were doing, only how to get from point A to point B. And I have no idea how to bridge that gap.
- I got lost in a memory this week. My brother and I may head to Clemson this weekend for a day trip to visit the campus with FJ (Hey! You gotta start the brainwashing early…) and I started thinking about being on campus around late spring time. I kept going back to a weekend a now-ex-girlfriend visited and we spent most of one gorgeous afternoon strolling around campus and lying in the grass behind the library just watching clouds. Life’s perfect in those moments.
Happy Memorial Day weekend to you! I’m doing my best to make the most of it. I’m running a 5K Saturday morning, possibly visiting Clemson after that, trying to squeeze in two state parks on Sunday, and taking it easy on Monday. Hope the weekend treats you well!