- I ran the inaugural Wildcat Run 5K in Little Mountain, SC to benefit the Little Mountain Elementary School last Saturday. If you’re a long time reader, you may remember that I seem to have excellent luck in inaugural races. While I didn’t win this one, I did manage to luck up into 2nd for my age group which won me this fancy decorative rock.
- I was tasked with fixing Mother’s Day dinner last weekend. In what’s quickly becoming a “fix dinner for us” staple, I made my pan-seared hamburgers. But instead of fries, I gave bacon-wrapped onion rings a shot. And yes, they tasted as amazing as they sound. The only difference I would have made is to throw them on the grill next time instead of in the oven. Give them a shot!
- Work’s getting rough. Something is going to have to give for this to work for the long haul. Preferably sooner than later.
- Microsoft announced tons of stuff this week! First, they’re offering the Xbox One without a Kinect for $100 cheaper. Along with Games with Gold coming to the Xbox One, Deals with Gold, and apps coming out from behind the paywall. Then today, they announced the release window for Halo 5! E3 is going to be so fun this year! So fun, in fact, that I took the day off to veg out in front of video game news. Or maybe I just need to use up some paid time off…
- I ran (ha!) across an article earlier this week on 8 ways to extend long runs. Longer distances are always so daunting to me, so I tend to stay in the 3 mile range. But I also know that it’s hard to get better at running 5Ks if all I ever run are 3 mile increments at a time. The toughest part? Slowing my pace and running laps/treadmills. No matter how little or hard I concentrate on keeping pace, I always seem to wind up running the first mile between 9:30 and 10:30 then tire out on the back half. And laps? BORING! But this week, I’m going to give it a shot to see what happens.
Allergies kicked my butt Thursday night, so that’s why it’s a late entry. And it’s why I’m just taking it easy in Charlotte this weekend and being a homebody. Hope everyone enjoys their weekend!