See what I did there?
- My coworkers – I’m the kind of person who would be comfortable in almost any job. To me, the difference between loving a job and hating a job is the people you spend at least a third of your day with. Monday is my 17th month at this job and that’s a testament to how much I enjoy the dynamic I’ve got with my coworkers.
- My nephew – While the brat did steal my birthday thunder, it’s been fun watching my brother and sister in law wearing the parent pants. But they’re having fun with it. Last week when I sent them the picture of Harper finishing off a milkshake, asking if the FJ could do that trick yet, this is the picture I got back within minutes.
- The outdoors – Since it may be a little creepy for a single 31 year old to show up to a skate rink alone, the outdoors has become my go-to place when I need a break to decompress. Whether it’s a day hiking through a state park or just spending some extra time in the sun with Harper, life slows down. I’m going to make an effort to take more day trips and maybe a camping trip or two with Harper in 2014.
- College football – Sure, I’m a boy and I like sports. But college football is so much more. It gives me something to really bond with my brother over. It gives me an excuse to always have a connection with Clemson, whether it be trips back to campus, random bowl game road trips with friends and family, or just catching a game on TV.
- My dog – Last but not least, I’m thankful for my buddy Harper. If you’ve ever owned a dog, there’s no explanation needed. And if you haven’t, I’m sorry.
I hope your holiday was full of great food and even better company. Happy Thanksgiving, y’all!