- The Breaking Bad episode last Sunday was the best 60+ minutes of television I’ve ever witnessed. I have no idea how the writers stay on their game for as long and as in sync as they’ve been for this series. Vince Gilligan is a genius at what he does.
- GTA V is estimated to have made $800 million on launch day Tuesday. That’s more than $550,000 a minute for twenty four straight hours. Mindblowingly ridiculous. That’s roughly 9,300 copies of the game sold each minute. Those are insane numbers. Then on Friday, it broke the $1 billion mark. Being the 12 year old boy I am, I did my part Tuesday after work to add fuel to the fire. I’m not leaving my apartment this weekend.
- The Bi Lo down the street from me is going out of business. The store is running a 25% sale on just about everything right now. People were flocking in to clear the shelves. You’d think there was a hurricane on the way, given the look of things. I just went in to spend $10 because I had a coupon for free eggs but left with a $50 cart-full that would have normally been $75. Do I really need three packages of hot dogs? Probably not but at least they freeze! It’s funny what people do to save a dollar.
- The typical American family makes less than it did in 1989. The average household income was $51,017 in 2012 and $51,681 in 1989 (adjusted for inflation). How depressing is that? That, combined with this WSJ graphic on financial planning for retirement (60% of 25-34 year olds have less than $10,000 saved?! What?!) sure paints a bleak outlook for 2040 and beyond in our country.
- NC State is a goldmine for Internet gifs. Clemson won a sloppy game against NC State on Thursday night 26-14. The refs blew an out of bounds call that should have been a TD for NC State. Clemson also had an offensive lineman ejected for idiotically throwing an uppercut at an NC State player. But the best thing about the game? The wide range of emotions for the Wolfpack ‘O’.
It’s been a long week, so I skipped getting this out on Friday. I’m just looking for a normal, calm week this next go ’round. Could you do that for me, September? Hope everyone’s enjoying their weekend!