- I know almost everyone says this but I’m really beginning to notice that the older I get, the more impatient I become with immature things. I just don’t care anymore. I’ve unfriended family members on social media in the last six months. I bailed on a house full of people last weekend because I was tired of the atmosphere (side note – I ran away to the zoo. Shocker! I’ve got amazing pictures to show you in the near future). I want to live as care-free a life as I possibly can and for once, I feel like I’m legitimately honing in on that goal. Don’t get in my way. You’ve been warned!
- The Walking Dead by TellTale Games was one of the best entertainment stories ever written. Better than 99% of any movie, book, or video game I’ve experienced. You legitimately cared about the characters – you were pumped when they succeeded and you were super bummed when the main characters died along the way. The game’s being run as seasons (love this idea for the future of gaming, FYI) and this was Season 1. The next season is slated for a Fall 2013 release, so count me in. I plan on spending this weekend playing the 400 Days downloadable content set in between seasons. I have no problem throwing money at excellent ideas, no matter the medium.
- When I was at a stop light yesterday, I saw bubbles floating in the intersection. A lady in one of the cars had her window down and had a tube of bubbles she was blowing them from. No kids in the car, just her. For some reason, it made me grin from ear to ear. It was one of the most random things I’ve seen but how awesome was that? The world needs more people randomly blowing bubbles in the normal, everyday places.
- The Palmetto Trail has been peaking my interest lately for some reason. It’s South Carolina’s equivalent to the Appalachian Trail. The goal is for it to stretch 425 miles from Oconee in the upstate to Awendaw on the coast (I’m sure you non-South Carolinians are loving those names…). The only bad part is that only 315 miles are completed, so it’s not 100% finished and open to public hikers yet. My mom’s mentioned wanting to do the “Peak to Pomaria” stretch at some point. That’s only 10.8 miles. Over easy terrain at that. I figure you could pound that out in a solid 3 hours. Maybe 4 if you wanted to take it easy. So not bad at all. And apparently there are amazing hamburgers at a local grocery store on the trail. Yes please! I just need the weather to cooperate now.
- Coming up with a “Best Songs Ever” playlist on Spotify is tough. I’ve got thirteen songs so far: Man in the Mirror by Michael Jackson, Always Be My Baby by Mariah Carey, Tha Crossroads by Bone Thugs n Harmony, C+ by Glasshead, I Feel Pretty/Unpretty by the Glee cast (judge all you want but it’s an amazing song), Breathe by Michelle Branch, Clarity by Zedd & Foxes, You and I by Paper Route, Alone by Heart, Landslide by Fleetwood Mac, Fast Car by Tracy Chapman, Tonight, Tonight by The Smashing Pumpkins, and California Dreamin’ by The Mamas & The Papas. Standing Outside the Fire by Garth Brooks would make the list too but his work is nowhere to be found on the Internet, so no links. I know music preferences are a pretty generational experience but got any ideas? I’m talking songs that make you stop what you’re doing to listen. Let’s have them.
It’s a quiet, “do adult things” weekend for me. If the rain lays off for a couple of hours, I need to get my truck washed and vacuumed. I need to vacuum my apartment, wash & iron all of my work pants, and possibly buy a headboard. Then maybe get a little crazy and price tires for the truck, make a list of real estate to scout, and gameplan a winter trip somewhere.