- I’m really enjoying running right now. I was doing 6 miles (2 miles on 3 days) a week until that became comfortable. I’ve been bumping one of the 2 mile runs to 3 miles each week. This week was 3 on Monday and Wednesday and I’ll get my 2 in this weekend. My schedule, along with the sunny late-spring weather, are great mood-boosters.
- I’m also really liking my job. The only one left in the office, I worked an hour and a half late yesterday, on the phone with technical support for a program we use. I hate working late and I loathe talking on the phone. Yet I left at 6:30 with a smile because it was simply fulfilling to figure out the problem I was having and tell tech support how to
do their jobfix the issue.
- I need good, new TV shows. I don’t watch that many but it seems like they’re all gone now. House ended in 2012. The Office comes to an end in 6 days. Breaking Bad wraps up for good this summer. Glee is wearing out its welcome with a bloated cast and ridiculous story. The Following became terrible/laughable in a hurry. USA Network is still going strong with Suits and Burn Notice though! And New Girl is my jam… if people still say that.
- I would rather burn bridges or step on toes and wind up on my own, being passionate about what I believe in, than I would compromise for people’s (perceived?) flaws. To be fair, I would have no problem with someone having a problem with my flaws.
- My momma did good. I finished reading her second novel, Tidewater Murder, last night. I read the rough draft last summer and ripped apart the ending. Her editor eventually did too, so I like to think I’m smarter than a professional publisher. But Chope really reworked the story to make it a lot better once it finally hit the shelves. I’ll get your Amazon review up in a few days! I already gave you 5 stars on Goodreads. Oh… and Ivy’s still my favorite.
Heading back home this weekend. One of the neighbors is hosting my mom for a book release party Saturday evening. So I’m baking some cookies to bring, having fun dressing ridiculous for it, and introducing myself to anyone I don’t know as being in “the author’s entourage”. I’m such a passive-aggressive outgoing introvert. And then Sunday is obviously Mother’s Day.
So if you have a mom, tell her she’s doing at least a mediocre job at what she does. And if you are a mom, congratulations on being average or better! 🙂