- Sometimes, all you really need is a weekend to sleep in, do nothing, and recharge.
- I’m going to be an uncle to a new nephew. Let the college football indoctrination begin! I also know his name which means it’s time for me to get to work on a nickname for him! I have a feeling it’s going to be hard to top FJ (noun – \ˈfēj\ 1. the future offspring of my brother and sister in law – called also Fetus Jerdan, feej).
- The rate of technology upgrades exponentially lowers the age you begin feel old. Read 10 Tech Frustrations Today’s Kids Will Never Have. We did dial-up Internet (and two phone lines!) in middle school. I’ve still got a Commodore 64 that would take floppy disks. We even had an automatic VHS rewinder because of how many trips we made to Blockbuster (Be Kind! Rewind!). I’m only missing the “pager” experience but everything else, I’ve crossed off of my “late 80s, early 90s” bucket list already.
- I have no idea how Charlie and the Chocolate Factory could be such an amazing story and the sequel, Charlie and the Great Glass Elevator, could be such a let down. After inheriting a chocolate factory, clearly the next step would be cover space travel, a floating hotel, and aliens… what? You lost me here, Roald Dahl! I’m reading Lightning by Dean Koontz now and it’s a super interesting story and concept.
- Speaking of books, Tidewater Murder is officially released into the wild! It’s on the Kindle and in paperback. If you buy it, not only are you supporting my amazing author momma, you’re supporting my inheritance. And since I currently don’t have children, my will is going to give my estate to my soon-to-be baby nephew. So do it for the kids! Support the arts and our future generations!
Another quiet weekend. Maybe some volunteering, maybe some video gaming, maybe some running, baking a test batch of Mexican Hot Chocolate cookies for a work potluck later next week, definitely some reading. Such a tough life!