- Companies and bosses should learn to empower their employees. It makes for an incredibly loyal workforce. I really enjoy the people I work with and one of the new managers in a recent reorganization is excellent at involving us in plans to improve the department and company. I have no desire to leave which is something I haven’t been able to say in a long time.
- Amazon is buying Goodreads. I love my Nook Color I’ve got from Barnes & Noble. And I adore random trips to the book store. But between B&N struggling to make the Nook a viable business venture and Amazon being able to mold the biggest book-centric social network, it’s looking more and more like I’ll wind up with a Kindle at some point in time.
- This is amazing. It is pictures. Of a dog. Catching chicken nuggets. And that’s it.
- Staying up until 3:30 AM on a work night is not the best decision I’ve made this week. But my dad is in town from Alaska and spent the night. We got to grab dinner, catch up, and look over the retirement property he’s scouting in SC. Work sucked (and fortunately, I was able to ward off a migraine before it hit) for two straight days because of it but the visiting was great.
- After talking to my dad about the type of property he’s looking at, I’ve caught the “buy a place in the mountains” bug again. I’m not sure I’ve got the money to buy exactly what I want yet. But I could swing 5 to 10 acres in the mountains of upstate SC. The plan would be to pay that down for a few years, then have the money to build a cabin on the land. I’d say it’s time to make one grown up decision to help balance out all of my other plans.
I’m taking a half day (yay!), dropping Harper off at the kennel (boo!), and heading down to Charleston for my 6th consecutive (and 7th overall) Bridge Run. The goal is to make it through the 6.2 miles alive. I’m curious to see how much my Insanity regimen has helped. Wish me luck and enjoy your first April weekend!