- Couples that travel together have better relationships and sex lives. I really want to make a joke about this being why I love traveling and how I’m just missing my +1. However, I also know my parents and other family members read this and I really don’t want to open that door for sarcastic, joking responses that leave me with mental images I don’t want.
- I’m on a reading tear. At some point this weekend, I’ll finish the third book in the Hunger Games trilogy. The first was decent. The second was almost an exact copy of the first. And the third has lost its way in the grand scheme of things. But they’re super quick, entertaining reads. That means I’ll have read a book a week for the last three weeks. Ridiculous! I’m at 5 books read for the year and we’re only 7 weeks in. My next goal is to either reread the Dark Tower series by Stephen King or the Halo novels. Both options make me a huge nerd. I’m okay with this.
- I missed out on Fall Out Boy tickets (emo sad face!). I was online, ready to go when tickets went on sale. Only they sold out right away and 400 of the 2000 tickets found their way to StubHub at triple the price. The situation was so bad at all of the dates, the band released a statement the same day. It sucks! But ticket prices are slowly creeping down and I’ve got three and a half months before things get serious. I will be there.
- For some weird reason, I’ve tossed around the idea of writing a fiction book lately. I have no idea what it would be about or what’s making me think that. And I’m fairly certain I don’t have the patience to see it through completely. But I kind of just want to start with a character and see what happens. Blog style maybe?
- San Diego is moving to Washington DC on her next work assignment. Which means I get another place to visit! Flights are cheaper than $150 from Charlotte and there’s plenty on my list of things to still try I didn’t get a chance to on my last trip through. I’m always open to new things to try there (Ms. Jacobs, I’m looking at you). And it will be during the cherry blossom season! I want to say I’m excited about traveling some more but now I’m self-conscious about what y’all will think after bullet point #1.
Another slow weekend in Charlotte. A little volunteering here, a little cleaning up there. Then some reading, Halo, and hamburger-cooking should carry me through Sunday.
Hope y’all enjoy your weekend in your neck of the woods!