San Diego remiiiiiiix!
- Both cold and hot have complete different definitions to San Diegans. The lady who checked me in at the rental car counter told me it would “be just like summer” with the temperatures hovering around 75 during my trip. That’s a comfortable spring day at best in the Carolinas, ma’am. And people were bundled up if the temperature dropped near the 60s. You California sissies!
- Animal days still trump non-animal days one-hundred-fold. Monday was spent at the San Diego Zoo seeing everything from baby pandas to gorillas. Then La Jolla brought the ocean animals with seals and sea lions at the beach.
- The best time to go to major attractions is the day after a holiday. My friend and I rocked Disneyland and Adventureland on Tuesday. One ride took over 2 hours waiting in line. Another was maybe 15 minutes. Everything else? 5 minutes or less. 12 rides total at 2 Disney parks in 8 hours with no Fast Passes. It doesn’t get better than that!
- I’m a traveling good luck charm. Absolutely everything went right on this trip. The thing that might take the cake though is the whale watching trip on Wednesday. Before the trip, my friend and I were stopped by the captain to be included in a commercial they were making. During the trip, he was able to get us within 20 yards or so of two gray whales. And at the end of the trip, we got in an hour late because the captain was so excited with chasing the whales we were watching.
- I’m in trouble. Big trouble. But the good kind of trouble. You never know what you’re going to get yourself in to when you take random 5 day vacations across the country.
Today’s my first – and only – day back at work this week. I’m still on Pacific time, so today should be super awesome [/sarcasm]. In all seriousness, I had an absolutely amazing time. I stayed super busy, got everything I wanted to accomplish done (with room to spare), had fantastic company, and still have the grin on my face to prove how much I thoroughly enjoyed myself.
So this weekend, I’m readjusting back to Eastern time, picking up my puppy, taking it slow, outlining my SD blog pictures for you, and trying to figure some things out. I plan on enjoying my weekend. And I hope you enjoy yours!