- I have a love/hate relationship with the dog park. I really enjoy going to give Harper a chance to be off leash and interact with other dogs. I don’t like that it’s 7 miles away, which means I can’t go as often as I’d like. I like the time away from everything to just dog
and peoplewatch. But I’m also reminded every week how absolutely terrible I am at small talk. Two trips in two weekends and two crash and burn attempts to talk to people with dogs playing with Harper.
- Rereading a journal is amazing and hilarious. I’ve been writing each day’s entry then going back to read what I was doing a year ago. This past weekend (01/06/13), I wrote “You know, Sundays aren’t so bad afterall. I used to dread them.” Then while reading through last year afterwards, there was this gem (01/08/12): “I’m never a huge Sunday fan. It always feels like they’re wasted being lazy and getting ready for the week.” Couldn’t have planned that better. Maybe I just have the same thoughts every year.
- This story is fascinating for some reason to me. I put it on Facebook yesterday but I thought I’d share it for the blog crowd too. It’s a powerful, surreal picture.
- I don’t know whether to enjoy or loathe work right now. It’s absolutely killing me lately. I’ve stayed late who knows how many days and I still can’t catch up with the work coming in. I’m so frustrated that I got sarcastic with a manager and it was completely unintentional. I don’t want to be like that. But on the other hand, the people I work with make it such a lighthearted environment. So I can at least smile while I’m hating work.
- My brother told me about an interview he’s got in the Maryland-area later today. Selfishly, that stinks for me since it leaves a handful of extended weekends and maybe a random trip or two north as the only times I’ll see him (or my sister-in-law). No more random football weekends. But it’s a job he really wants. And I think moving somewhere that you know almost no one is really good in the grand scheme of things. You learn a lot about yourself and it gets you out of your normal comfort zone. So I’m sending out good vibes to The Old Line state today. Good luck, Stephen!
This weekend, I plan on sleeping as many hours as humanly possible. And spending it at the dog park, since the weather’s calling for highs of 73 both days. I may be awkward and not know how to talk to people but I definitely know how to enjoy a nice day outside.