- Tuesday was the first day I’ve wanted to quit work and start over again somewhere else. December marks 5 months employed here, so I’d say that’s a pretty good run before I freaked out. It was a mess though. I was by myself until 6:30 working on something I knew nothing about. On a deadline. With a new computer since my old one died. So stressful and tense. A lot of that is pressure I put on myself. But a lot of it was being backed into a corner with some fairly unrealistic expectations. The good news is that I didn’t quit and everything has been fairly smooth since then. Let’s just say the weekend can’t get here fast enough though.
- My Christmas tree went up on Saturday! And Harper was so confused, she still goes underneath the tree since that’s where her bed normally is. I’ve learned several things. First, orange lights are way more pronounced than purple lights. Second, everything on the tree is Clemson related but I feel like I need some plain orange and/or purple ball ornaments to help fill things out. And finally, next year, I’m putting the lights on as each level of branches is put on. Trying to hang lights in an artificial tree after it’s put together is one of the more frustrating things I’ve willingly done.
- I’m really enjoying two of my Christmas present ideas. One of them has me bouncing all over town looking for different pieces. I’d argue it will show up my grandmother’s gift to the same person. That’s no small feat, so I mean business. The second has me reminiscing of middle school and early high school as I put it together. I’m still monitoring the situation though, so it might be replaced along the way with something more subtle.
- I can cross another place off my list of restaurants to try. Last Friday turned into an impromptu “help a coworker move after work” outing. So after loading up the truck and unloading it into storage, dinner at Mac’s was on him. The BBQ and fried pickles were good. They add something (Tabasco, maybe?) to the pickle batter that gives them a little something extra. But the french fries and hushpuppies were amazing. Delicious!
- Silver Linings Playbook was excellent. It was just a movie that hit home at the right time. I left the theater wanting to instantly go pick up the book, mark it down on a calendar when it comes out on DVD, and with the biggest grin on my face in a long time. Definitely one of my favorite movies ever. Right up there with American Beauty, Stranger than Fiction, and Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. That’s how good it was. So go see it!
P.S. It doesn’t hurt that Jennifer Lawrence is absolutely smoking hot in it either.
This weekend, the top objective is to finish up my Christmas shopping. Once that’s complete, all bets are off. I may stay in bed the entire rest of the weekend to purge the bad energy from this past week.
P.P.S. Meet my momma’s new puppy, Roo! I won’t get to meet her until Christmas but I hear she’s a handful already. It will be fun introducing Harper to her.