- Jim Lehrer was a terrible moderator for the first Presidential Debate in Denver, CO. He had absolutely no control over the candidates, conversation, or time limits. At one point he blatantly asked Mitt Romney “Do you have a question you’d like to ask the President?” Uh… what? I think it’s safe to say that will be his last rodeo.
- I really like what Microsoft has done with the Live Event Player. The debate is the first event I’ve streamed (they apparently covered both political conventions and the Mars landing). Not only do they have nerdy, cheesy perks for watching, they include real-time poll questions and results about the candidates, conversation, questions, etc.
- Just when Thursday TV nights are quickly becoming too crowded, politics kill off the shows until November. College football starts at 8 on ESPN. Glee moved nights and time slot to 9 on Fox. The final season of The Office sits in the 9 slot on NBC. I watched the premiere of Last Resort over the weekend and it shows some promise. It’s on ABC at 8. And that’s not even counting Burn Notice on USA when it starts back up in November. #FirstWorldProblems
- I’m officially the worst college football picker in our football pool. Last week, I was fed up with going 2-4 for three consecutive weeks. Logically, I thought “Hey, you know what’s better than 2-4? 4-2!” So I made my picks the same way, then flipped every single one of them. The only problem? I had them all right at first. That means I’m the first person in two seasons to make an effort to pick the games and successfully go 0-6. Further proof that you don’t have to know a thing about college football to win our pool. At this point, I’m just picking games to try and salvage some dignity. I won’t finish in the money.
- Harper’s 2nd birthday was yesterday. Let’s just say she got a special dinner… and that she ate better than you did… How many people can say their dog’s birthday taught them how to pan sear a steak?
Birthday weekend went well, despite the boat being cursed and not working again. This weekend is a Charlotte one. I’m volunteering both Saturday and Sunday at the shelter to make up for the weekends I’ve been gone. Other than that, Clemson plays Georgia Tech at 3:30 Saturday and the rest of the weekend will be taking it easy.