- Delinquent hazard lines of insurance! I’m working with one of our insurance guys on pulling reports for his group. So I learned all about hazard insurance, flood zones, and all sorts of other mortgage things I’ve never had the need to know.
- I’ve given up trying to figure out the pulse of our country. The Aurora, Colorado shooting is a tragedy. But then Warner Brothers canceled the Paris premiere of the movie (Do they think the movie caused the violence? What correlation does Paris have with Aurora?). And President Obama felt the need to visit the town (Can we say campaign opportunity, boys and girls?). As if the local police force needed the additional stress of preparing the area for a Presidential visit. And now, one of the victims is planning to sue… get this… the theater, the murderer’s doctors, and Warner Brothers. Excuse the language but what the hell? As a collective whole, are we really that sensitive of a community now that when a terrible event occurs, the rest of the country stops to sensationalize every little detail? I don’t understand our society anymore
- I think Tuesday is my least favorite day of the week. Every Tuesday I’ve been at work has either been excruciatingly long, I’ve been sleepy, the workload’s been slow, or a combination of the three.
- This blogging schedule’s going to be harder to keep than I thought. It was a busy week outside of work though. A lot of wheeling, dealing, and haggling with apartment complexes. A South Carolina issue popped up. I started running again too. It’s good because I enjoy it… bad because it takes up blogging time. I’ll get better though.
- I’m reading Charlie and the Chocolate Factory by Roald Dahl. I’m a HUGE fan of the movie (it’s…the Gene Wilder version… easily in my top 5 favorite of all time) but I never realized how amazing the book was. When (if?) I ever have kids, it’s on the list of books to read aloud to them. I’m almost 30 years old and there are parts I have read out loud just to hear how great some of the passages are written and painted. I think the book does a better job of teaching lessons but the story is so much better in the movie.
Let’s just say this weekend’s going to be good blogging material for next week… Enjoy it!