- Loan-To-Value ratio – My new job is with a mortgage company, which is funny in itself since out of the eight new hires I started with, only two have owned houses. The president remarked that it was like working at a movie theater without ever seeing a movie. But since I know so little, I learn something new almost every day. It was scary seeing the LTV numbers creep up over 1.00 on some of the current property values. In layman’s terms, that means you owe more on your loan than your property is worth. Yay US housing market!
- Don’t attempt to steal children
- Suits is quickly filling the void in my heart that House, M.D. left. I miss the sarcastic, arrogance Hugh Laurie brought to the TV medical profession. But Gabriel Macht has done an outstanding job being his firm’s top dog. Dare I say, the chemistry of the cast seems better than the House crew as well. Definitely the later seasons. Maybe even better than the Cameron/Chase/Foreman trio. Props to USA for being one of the few networks still cranking out excellent television shows.
- Don’t diss cat people… Unless, of course, you want them to actually act like cats by hissing, acting better than you, and then disappearing for days. I was just kidding guys. Except about the cats. Dogs really are better.
- I’ve rediscovered what it’s like to enjoy your job. I haven’t worked a full calendar year since 2009. I left my job in 2010 because I was disappointed in the organization and lack of potential. I left my job earlier this year because I felt I was put in a position to fail by being in a job I wasn’t qualified to do. But after three weeks in my new jobs, there’s a sense of office camaraderie. Everyone is open and eager to help learn the job. But most importantly, they’re good at what they do, they enjoy it, and it shows. For the first time in at least four years, I’m comfortable where my professional life seems to be heading.
Enjoy your weekend, guys!